Why I'm Excited for Tonight

There are two reasons.

1) We are going to a Spurs game!

2) The Golden Globes

Now I've literally never cared about the Golden Globes before.  I usually find award ceremonies to be cliche and dull.  Just a bunch of celebrities who are very pleased with themselves.  But this year I'm pumped.  I'm pumped because this year I actually saw a film that I feel truly deserves the awards it was nominated for (don't get me wrong, several other films are worthy of their nominations and wins.  I just don't usually gravitate toward dramas).  And said film was nominated in several categories.

If you recall, on Christmas day my family and I went to see the King's Speech, and I wrote about it here.  The King's Speech is the aforementioned film.  The one I am excited about.  Nominations include Geoffrey Rush (Best Supporting Actor), Helena Bonham Carter (Best Supporting Actress), Colin Firth (Best Actor), Tom Hooper (Best Director), Alexandre Desplot (Best Original Score), Best Screenplay and Best Motion Picture.

Since we will be at the Spurs game this evening, I intend on recording the Golden Globes.

Comments

Popular Posts