Soap Zits

I've washed my hands about 50 times more than normal in the past week or so.  I've got some allergies or something going on (Still!  I'm on my 5th box of tissues.  No joke.) and so I blow my nose a lot.  And as the family chef, I refuse to touch food unless my hands are clean.  This means that while cooking a meal, I wash my hands anywhere from 5-10 times.

In addition to my tissue use of epic proportions, my brother has been sick the past couple of days.  I am a SPONGE for germs and diseases and it's normal for me to catch almost anything someone within a 15 foot radius of me has or has had in the past whatever.  And when I say he has been sick, I mean throwing up and a fever.  Needless to say, I've been a bit concerned (for him and for myself).

So why is this hand washing business such a big deal?  Well, the soap we use has little beads in it.  You know, the ones that are supposed to have vitamins or something in them.  And when I wash my hands with that, it takes me FOREVER.  Because after I lather up my hands, I have to check my hands and pop every. single. bead.  They are like soap zits.  Weird little soap zits that I just have to pop.


The culprit.  See those little soap zits in there?!

I can't help it.

It drives me nuts.

I can feel them.

BUT.

At least we can be sure that my hand washing is thorough.  And hopefully that means that neither I nor anyone else will get sick.

Comments

Before I read this post, I was thinking how you usually get sick when someone else is sick...so it was funny to read that you are a sponge for germs. I also like that you have to pop every soap zit.

I also like the picture at the top of your blog...the flowers are beautiful. remember when you got engaged? that was fun.
Anonymous said…
lol ~Christine

Popular Posts