Toad in the Hole

Yep, that's the name of the British dish that I cooked for dinner tonight!  It has nothing to do with toads.  It's actually as simple as a pound of sausage links baked in a concoction very similar to Yorkshire pudding.  It looks something like this:
Toad in the Hole


I mean, I thought it would be pretty tasty, but when I tried it I thought it was delicious!  I would most definitely make it again.  And it's just so simple!

I realized earlier today that for some reason I think I feel quite connected to my British roots.  I can't really put my finger on why that is, but looking back I can see that for most of my life, I have had plenty of English influence.  I have just gravitated toward it.  Literature, plays, music, movies, and now food - I just tend to really like it.

Sadly, though, I have never even set foot on any of the British Isles.  I hope that changes in the next few years.

Comments

Popular Posts