So. Last Night. Exciting? Mostly.

First off, I would just like to say that how I feel about award ceremonies has not changed.  I recorded the Golden Globes last night and watched it today.  It was still quite cliche and dull.  Thankfully, since it was recorded I was able to skip to the parts I wanted to see.  I was really disappointed that The King's Speech didn't come away with more awards.  However, I am pleased that Colin Firth won Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture.  And I was excited that Glee did well.  But I don't understand how The Social Network just totally won everything.

So now that that's out of the way...

The Spurs game was really fun!  Matt and I had some fantastical seats (A friend of my dad's gave us the tickets, otherwise we would not have been able to go).  I chased down a cotton candy man and ate a giant pretzel without buying a drink (bad idea).  Unfortunately I left my camera at home and so I was forced to resort to taking photos on my phone.  And last night was the night I learned exactly how terrible my camera phone is (at least for anything that moves or is not within 5-10 feet).

We sat 8 rows back, not far from the Nuggets' bench!

Matt had never been to an NBA game before (which is why I was so disappointed that I forgot my camera. I wanted to document the occasion!), and these seats provided an incredible experience!  And it was just a really good game.

Ginobli and Duncan!  See what I mean about quality?  It looks like a took a bad photo of a television screen!

I used to go to Spurs games all the time when I was younger.  When I was in elementary school, everyone looked up to the Spurs - they were our role models (Oh.  And Michael Jordan.  And Alanis Morisette).  In high school I lived and breathed basketball.  I played it and I watched it all. the. time.  I never missed a Spurs game.  But then I went to college.  And I just stopped caring.  I learned that there was so much more out there than basketball.  So much more that I liked way better than basketball.

But I do have to admit.  Last night was awesome.  We had fun.  And I would not turn down those tickets if they were offered to us again ;)

Comments

Popular Posts