The Post After the Post About Agony

So here's how it goes: some days we have bad days and some days we have good days! Sometimes the bad outnumber the good, and sometimes the good outnumber the bad. And some days are just days.

My parents have been so supportive and we are so thankful for everything they have done and are doing to help us. Other family members have surrounded us with love and support, as well. Living with my parents is not what we agonize over. I just wanted to make sure there was no misunderstanding there. We are grateful. We just wish we didn't have to make this decision. The decision and its outcome are what we agonize over.

I think today has been a good day for the most part. I'm not entirely sure what is going on, but I've been stuffy and sneezy and runny-nosey for the past few days. It's gotten to the point where by the end of each day my tissues are all bloody. And so last night as I was tossing, turning, sneezing, and dealing with an on-and-off bloody nose, I finally decided to take a Benadryl. At like 1. Which made getting up for my dentist appointment a tad difficult (why did I schedule a dentist appointment across town at 9 AM?! It's the morning rush hour!!)

So when we get to the dentist, I'm super drowsy. I've never had a cavity before, so I've never had a filling before. I don't know what to expect. So I just sat there. They didn't tell me what they were doing, which was probably for the best. You know, because I couldn't really freak out about things. I couldn't feel anything, so I just laid there and thought about Einstein Brother's Bagels (I was hungry). And music. And when they were done, the left side of my face was all droopy. I couldn't stop laughing at myself. It just felt funny and I knew how ridiculous it looked!

About 2.5 hours later, we are starving!! So we go to Chick-Fil-A to get lunch (still courtesy of the SA Rampage), and Greg came with! I startled a person or two with my droopy smile, which made me droopy giggle. I could barely pay attention to conversation because I had to concentrate so hard on drinking my water through a straw! And then I would start laughing just thinking about how I must look. I'm surprised I didn't drool water all over the table.

So it's not yet 3, but it has not been a bad day. And I'm thankful for that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
soak up the good days dear girl. They will begin to come more often. I promise.

Popular Posts