Phantom Limb

If you look closely at the following picture, you will see that there is a toe ring on my "index toe" (the one right next to the big toe).  Do you guys think the word "toe" is weird?  I do.  It just sounds so funny.  Say it out loud.  Toe.  Haha.

ANYWAY.

I know.  My pedicure was awesome.  So was my tan.


I've worn that toe ring for 3.5 years, and then the other day I just decided I was done with it.  I didn't want to wear it anymore - it was too much of a hassle, always turning backwards, looking dumb and stuff.

But removing something that has been attached to your body for 3.5 years isn't as easy as one would think.  Well, the removing was not difficult, but the after effects are odd.  You've heard of a phantom limb, yes?  It's kinda like that.  I never realized how much my other toes moved in response to the shiny silver ring encircling (holding captive?) one of their kinfolk.  I (they) keep thinking it's there.  I (they) keep trying to twist it back to flowers facing up.  So many things I did with my toes (my toes did independently.  ON THEIR OWN) that I never even realized until the blasted ring was gone.

Here's hoping my toes return to normal behavior soon.  I wouldn't be opposed to therapy (i.e. foot massage) if that was what they really needed.  Anything for my toes.

Comments

Popular Posts