Baby Steps

So even though yesterday started out a little rough (orrrr me being an airhead.  Whatevs.), there were some shining moments toward the end of the day!

At Zumba I was asked to be a part of the "Zumba Crew".  Essentially what this means is the instructors know that I am there every week and feel like I would be a good, friendly face for newbies (and oldies) at Zumba.  So myself and about 10 other people became the "ZCrew", complete with colorful Lance Armstrong-esque Zumba Crew bracelets.  We will be greeting people as they come through the doors, helping people feel welcome, and holding the other ladies accountable.  As cheesy as it may sound, I'm pretty excited about it, and I think that's partly due to the fact that it means that I am once again a part of something.  Small as it may be, I have at least one evening a week where I matter and can make a difference.  It's a baby step, but at least it is a baby step forward.

Here's the other thing.  On the way home from church the Krispy Kreme red "HOT NOW" light is always on.  It's like the Bat signal.  High in the sky, it calls to me.  And last night Matt and I answered that call.  It was Matt's first time to ever visit a Krispy Kreme and his first time to ever have a fresh one hot off the press (although he has had them before - he recalls eating stale Krispy Kreme donuts when he was younger and was not impressed).  It was like being with a kid in a carnival.  OK, it was more like 2 kids who got away from their parents in a carnival.  Awesome.  And guess who walked out with a dozen hot, fresh donuts?  Yeah.  Us.  Felt like winning a ring toss game and walking away with a giant teddy bear (I'm just guessing - I never won those dumb games).  Curse the marketing masterminds behind the Krispy Kreme light!

Anyway.  Today was almost as productive as I hoped yesterday would be.  Aside from my car battery dying in the parking lot at Target this morning and having to call my dad to come give my car a jump, I have labeled today a success. (Hopefully tomorrow and the rest of the week will catch on and follow suit.)  I sent emails, called people, filled out applications...and so on and so forth.  Not fantastical, but again, baby steps.  I'm cool with baby steps, so long as they are headed in the forward direction.

Comments

Kari said…
I've only had stale Krispy Kreme's as well, and I don't think we have them down here. Probably for the better since I definitely don't need to be eating donuts!

Popular Posts