Cooking Favorites: Online Edition

As I've mentioned before, while living with the parents I do most of the cooking for my family.  In the past (almost) 3 months, I have tried my hand at a variety of dishes and I am happy to report that I have yet to burn or ruin a meal!  I've cooked several things out of the British cookbook that I bought with my birthday money (can I just say I love Yorkshire Pudding?  Yum.), and when my mom bought the South Beach Diet Cookbook, I started cooking a lot of those recipes.  But I haven't really blogged about cooking or baking in a while.  For shame!

I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite recipes that I have made over the past few months, so here goes!  Today I'll share recipes that I've found online that are tasty and easy: (Listed in no particular order)

-Grilled Asian Chicken.  I actually made this last night!  It was my first time to ever grill anything on a charcoal grill myself (I've used propane grills, but really mostly for hamburgers) and I was so giddy when it turned out well!  I was afraid that this would be the one to do me in - this would be the one where I would overcook chicken until it was no longer juicy and yum.  Thankfully, though, I still have a perfect record with chicken!  It was so good (and beautiful)!!  I put a little more garlic in than it called for (we love garlic), and next time I will use one less tablespoon of sesame oil.  It was actually pretty easy, and I made some mashed potatoes and a salad to go along with it.

-Fettuccine with Sweet Pepper-Cayenne Sauce.  This is an incredibly simple dish, and it's healthy and tasty!  And cheap.  So...I love it, basically.  It's one of the few dishes I have made more than one time since Matt and I have been married.  It's also one of the recipes that I don't follow 100% exactly, because I use spaghetti noodles instead (we always have them on hand).

-Turkey and Quinoa Meatloaf.  Ok, don't dis it 'til you try it.  Because really?  It's amazing.  It's a healthy meal, and so tasty!  Instead of tomato paste I've just used ketchup, and for the hot pepper sauce I use Sriracha, so it has a bit of a kick at the end!  I've also made this more than once, and everyone in the entire family really likes it.

-Bow Ties with Sausage, Tomato, and Cream.  This is really good, but not quite as healthy because it has sausage and heavy cream in it.

-Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana.  I had this at a friend's quite a while back and we've made it once or twice since.  I really like that it has kale in it, and it's just overall delicious.  And easy!

-Beef Bourguignon.  It takes a while to make, but it's pretty tasty!  I like how the wine turns the meat a purple color.  I served it with rice (although I can't remember if I used basmati or plain white).

-Chocolate Cupcakes.  Having never visited the Martha Stewart website until I googled cupcake recipes, I think I found a real winner!  They aren't your typical light and fluffy cupcake, though.  They are almost a mix between a cupcake and a brownie (crownie?!).  I made the white icing to go with them and they were so. good.  I feel like they were pretty easy to make, and even easier to eat.

-Lemon Meringue Pie.  For some reason we had FOUR BOTTLES of lemon juice in the fridge, so we started making lemony flavored things.  This was my first ever attempt at lemon meringue pie and it went swimmingly.  My mom, who is not a fan of meringue, actually really liked it.

That's all I can remember of the awesome recipes I found on the internet so far (although I think I made a kale and quinoa soup that was good, but I'm not entirely sure...).  But it should be enough, right??  I'll probably do a couple other posts to share recipes from actual cookbooks later on.  Because honestly, who wants to do a lot of digging and searching to find new, tasty recipes?  Having someone tell you what's good is much easier!

Comments

Bubbs said…
I tend to find and try recipes on the Pioneer Woman's site. You do have to watch the fat levels, but the recipes are really good.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/

Popular Posts