Love Story

Yesterday afternoon Matt and I drove to Austin for the wedding of our friends Stacie and Ryan.  I have been so blessed to know both Stacie and Ryan for the past (almost) five years.  The summer we met, Ryan and I were both counselors and Stacie was a backpacking guide at Camp Eagle.

I got to watch their relationship progress from acquaintances to friends to something more.  Stacie pulled me aside to tell me when Ryan told her he was interested and we squealed like little girls.  Ryan told me months in advance when he was going to propose to Stacie.  The weekend he proposed it took every ounce of self control I had to not text her something along the lines of "AHHHHHHH!" and "I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN AT THE BEST DATE EVARRRR!!"  And over the next few months of their engagement, we often talked weddings and marriage and got all giddy over her ring even though we had seen it a million times already.

Times have changed since we met, but one thing is abundantly clear - Ryan and Stacie were made for one another.  The wedding was wonderful and Stacie was an absolutely radiantly beautiful bride.  Their reception perfectly showcased their personalities.  I'm surprised the dance floor didn't cave in!

So congratulations to Ryan and Stacie!  Marriage is a wonderful and fantastic journey and I could not be happier for the both of you.

Comments

Popular Posts