Bossypants

Today I went to the library.  That's not unusual.  In fact, I love the library.  I love coming home with a new stack of books, all antsy and eager to read ALL of them rightthissecond!!!!

Up until recently, I stuck with mostly young adult fiction.  Probably because it was familiar.  Non-fiction doesn't work for my ADD self.  I know, I've tried.  Plenty.  But yes, young adult fiction.  I have read and loved all the Harry Potter books, the Twilight series (don't judge), the Percy Jackson books, L'Engle, Lewis, Tolkien...the list goes on and on and on....

Anyway.  I've started to take recommendations from others on what books I should read next.  So far, so good.  I've read several Tracy Chevalier books, as well as A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Suite Francaise, The Unnamed, and The Passage.  I've enjoyed most of them.  So adult fiction isn't so big, bad and scary after all.  Who knew?

But I'm really excited about today's trip to the library.  Because today when I went to the library I put my name on the wait list for Tina Fey's new book, Bossypants.  I. Can't. Wait.


Unfortunately, I'll have to.

Comments

Kari said…
I love the library too, and I just read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and really enjoyed it. BTW, that picture of Tina Fey scares me haha.
Kari said…
I was just rereading this post and I thought I'd offer a few book suggestions. You might like The Hunger Games, it's a fantastic dystopian lit series (although I think it's technical YA). Also The Help by Kathryn Stockett (sp?) was really good. Also The Face by Angela Hunt.

Popular Posts