When I Think About Heaven

This evening at church, a majority of the worship songs we sang were about Heaven and eternity.

Since October 18, 2010, I have not been able to think about Heaven without thinking about Gwendolyn Hope.  And since April 2, 2011 (when I was connected with Kelly), I have not been able to think about Heaven without thinking about Noah.

Such sweet, precious babies who went to be with Jesus.

It breaks my heart that they are gone.  That their mothers carry such heavy burdens.  I wonder what they would look like here on Earth, and what they look like now in Heaven.  The mention of Heaven and seeing Jesus face-to-face brings tears to my eyes and chokes me up, thinking that Gwen and Noah are there now instead of with their families on Earth.  Families that miss them and ache for them.

And yet, what better place could they be?  No pain, no sorrow, no sickness.  All they've ever known is their sweet Savior's face, and the bliss of eternal paradise.

But still.

Comments

Kelly said…
I love you
Mom said…
You've always had the sweetest heart. <3
Wow, those stories are so scary and sad! With the baby girl-- as annoying as having all the monitors on in a hospital can be, I am glad for them too! Without them, well I shudder to think about that (long story). And as for the little boy-- all 3 of my kids were born with the cord around their necks. Why do some kids survive that and others don't? Will we ever know? I sometimes feel guilty that my babies are all safe and healthy and other people don't have that. Thanks for your perspective on how these stories intertwine with your thoughts about Heaven. I appreciate you sharing!

Popular Posts