What My Day Looked Like...In My Mind

Oh yes, all 5 of you who read my blog, the impossible has happened! I have just blogged two days in a row! Don't start thinking I will blog EVERY day, though. No, no. Life is too busy for that!

Today we did some major construction in my office. We have been assembling these cabinets from IKEA all week long and they have just been sitting in (mountainous) piles on our floor...until today! Because today, we mounted them on the wall! And you know what else? We put some AWESOME lights on the underside of them. Our office looks SO LEGIT! And not only does the office look legit, it was a perfect job for my adjusting-to-ADD self. What I did changed so much from minute to minute (clean this bookcases, hold that board, drill these holes, sweep that sawdust, put up those shelves, clean that desk!!) that I wasn't able to get as restless or distracted as I have been just sitting at my computer all week! And I got stuff done! In fact, we did such a good job at getting it done, I commented as I listened to some Renee Olstead and Dean Martin that I felt as if I were sitting in a swanky New York office (minus the swanky clothes. Chacos are hardly classy).

At 5 o'clock, I promptly left my posh New York workplace and traveled through and arid desert (read: the hot walk from the office to my house) to a sparkling river in the Texas Hill Country to swim some laps for fun and exercise (and I must say, I made good time!). I absolutely love swimming, especially in a river that sparkles green like it flows from the Emerald City, itself. I am so blessed to live on such a river, and to get to swim in it nearly every day! And I do! I definitely do not take this river for granted - I LOVE IT! I also love swimming with my friends.

And doing yoga with my friends.

And doing Tae-Bo with my friends.

Working out with friends in general is just fab!

To cap my day, I cleaned my bathroom while singing at the top of my lungs to showtunes on my computer!

I guess the day isn't totally over yet, so I believe I will find some more adventurous things to do until phone date with Matt! <3

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have already planned to do yoga with you this next weekend. I'm seriously pumped!

Popular Posts