Another One Bites the Dust

Well, another weekend has come and gone, folks. I feel like my entire week is full of anticipation of the up and coming weekend, and then that weekend which I waited so (im)patiently for is over really fast! Like, so SO fast! Like, faster than MC Hammer's career was over. BUT that is a different story, and that is my ADD kicking in. Now where was I?

Friday after work I headed out to YO for dinner (YUMMY!) with Matt and then we drove to San Antonio. We got to hang out with my family some, watch the Cosby show (it doesn't ever get old!), and saw the best Cover Girl commercial EVER. Featuring Ellen Degeneres (who is absolutely hilarious), it was the funniest commercial that I have seen in a long time (nevermind the fact that I don't have a tv and actually haven't had one in 1.5 years...).

Saturday Matt and I drove to New Braunfels to pick up our new bed! Thankfully it fit into my parents' mini van, so we didn't have to borrow a gas-guzzling truck to accomplish said task! The sad thing is, we have the headboard, frame, rails, and footboard, but we don't have a box spring or a mattress. Not sure when or where we will get one, or have the time to find one. Or any furniture for that matter!!! So if any of you know where we can find a queen sized box spring and mattress, and any furniture (couch, chairs, kitchen table...anything, really) at a good price, you should let us know!!

After we grabbed the bed, my whole family came back to camp with Matt and I, and we took Greg rock climbing. I caved into peer pressure and climbed, as well. I get so frustrated when I climb these days because I am just not good at it anymore! I am out of practice and due to my severe accident prone ways and all-too-willing-to-break body, it is far from pleasant. However, I kept going and made it 3 feet from the top of the climb before my arms gave out for good.

Today has been nice, all except for the saying goodbye to Matt part. I hate that I only get one day a week with him and that during that one day a week, we are usually doing some sort of busy work (getting a bed from a different city, for example). I just wish that we had more time.

Anyway, I took my family down to the river and we swam and played and sunbathed for a bit, and that was really nice. While I was laying on a dock, a dragonfly landed on my lips! It was really funny and it seriously tickled. I also saw the largest scariest bass ever. I wanted to shoot it with a harpoon gun, but sadly I left mine in the pocket of my other board shorts.

Now my family is gone and I cleaned up my house a little and am looking forward to a relaxing evening at my house before going back to work in the morning. I almost feel like going straight to bed.

Comments

thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!

I'd like to tell you that you'll have plenty of time with Matt after you get married, but actually being married is still like going to pick up furniture in different cities all the time. Sorry. At least you'll have a honeymoon first, right?

;)
Reba said…
Craigslist craigslist craigslist. No joke. I've found all kinds of stuff on there. The trick is you have to check it a couple times a day because people post stuff and then it's GONE. Check the free stuff section first, then furniture, and search for what you need. It's amazing what you can get for cheap!

Popular Posts