Springtime

I love Spring.  If I could make Texas Springtime extend all the way up through Texas Fall, I so would.  I would tell the suffocatingly hot Texas Summers to take a hike and get lost along the way so Springtime could stay.

Bradford Pear blossoms in the backyard
I love all the colors.  The smells.  The sunshine.  The breeze.  The butterflies.  The birds singing.



You know, all the things that DIE when the scorching summer temperatures shoot through the roof.  (Except sunshine.  That doesn't die.  It gets stronger.)

My favorite smell only sticks around for a week or two.  And that is the scent of the Texas Mountain Laurel blossoms.  They fill the air with a really sweet smell, almost like grape kool-aid.  They just explode from the trees in bunches and smell SO GOOD!  But the blooms turn white and fall off within two weeks.  The smell makes me think of Easter and is the epitome of spring.  It makes me incredibly happy.


 
Texas Mountain Laurel

Another great thing about Spring time is that it isn't too hot to enjoy outdoor activities and events.  Matt and I love being outside, but in the summer it just isn't as fun - you're practically slimy from sweat and lethargic from intense heat.  So we've been taking advantage of the pleasant Spring temperatures to spend our weekends outside.  Last weekend we discovered Second Saturday, and this past weekend we helped my parents do some gardening and went to Six Flags!

Probably one of the best things about no longer working the job I had previously is the amount of time I get to spend with my husband.  I love getting to spend weekends with him.

Ahhh Spring.

Comments

Just caught up on your blog after our week away (yay for spring break!)

I bet I would like texas spring too! Or, um, ANY spring, lol! It is slowly warming up here and I have spotted a few tulip leaves starting to sprout, so I can't complain. But nothing smells good yet. Actually the town smells of dog poo now that everyone's yards are melting and revealing the non-scooping that happens all winter!

And I agree with you, God does do small too. Because he loves us enough to do big and small. Right?
PS, I like your new header photos :)
Anonymous said…
I second your love of spring. I'm so much more PRODUCTIVE...just like the Earth. That, and I'm a sucker for flowers.

Popular Posts