In Which I Make a Bullet List Because it's Been a While and I'm Kinda Fried

I haven't really posted this week because this week has been one of those energy and soul sucking weeks.  I don't think I've fully recovered, and so I'm not even really sure what this post will look like.  I just feel like writing.

So here are a few things that happened this past week (since I didn't write about them at all):
-I got to observe a 6th grade math class (the very one I used to teach in), and it made me miss it even more.
-I went to the gym with my brother and worked out for 2 hours and then went to the hardest Zumba class I have ever taken.  And I didn't eat much that day.  So...that was fun.
-Matt and I finished our career transition class at church (we made the full 6 weeks!)
-To celebrate, we stopped by Krispy Kreme and got their free donuts.
-I made pork chops in a butter, brown sugar and grape sauce.  It sounds weird, but really, it was good.
-I got one of the worst charlie horses EVAR in my right calf - it's crazy how even with a high pain tolerance, you find yourself writhing in pain during those things.  Don't tell me I need to eat more bananas.  I'm eating plenty.  In fact, it seems the more bananas I eat, the more frequent those horrid muscle cramps are.  Odd.
-I wrote a 6 page letter to a friend.  I really like writing real letters.
-I did p90x with my mom for the first time ever yesterday.  It wasn't that hard when we were doing it (except they didn't move to the beat of the music - who does that?!  Totally threw me off a few times.), but it's hard today.  Because I hurt.
-This is the first Saturday Matt has not had to work in weeks, and to celebrate we went to the farmer's market and walked along the river.  Great morning!

If you're wondering what made me declare this past week to have been an energy and soul-sucking week, I regret to inform you that I'm not going to divulge that information - I hope you don't mind too much.  I think I'll go back to reading Wuthering Heights and eating blueberries instead.

Comments

Wuthering Heights, HA! I had a lot of trouble with that one in high school.

Sorry you had a bad week, but yay for free donuts, farmers markets, etc. :)

I used to get those charlie horses all the time while pregnant (so I think it has to do with more than bananas, lol), I learned to stretch my legs by pointing my toe towards my shin instead of out away from it, like is originally more natural to people. I still stretch that way out of fear to this day, even though I haven't had a cramp like that in years, ha ha!
Kari said…
Charlie horses are the worst! They always seem to happen to me in the middle of the night too. The only thing that gets them to go away for me is walking on it.

I also have had a hard time with Wuthering Heights. Those Bronte sisters were weird.

Popular Posts