From the Coffee Shop...

So to start off with, I wrote part of a blog the other night and saved it as a draft (my first time ever! And not the best idea for me, either...) I just deleted it and am starting from scratch. The other night we played soccer after work again. I kicked the ball hard. Really hard. Like kicked-the-snot-outta-the-ball hard. Instead, I kicked the snot out of the quad muscle in my right leg. It really hurt, but because I am a sucker for sports and not wanting to be a weenie, I kept playing. For another hour. When am I ever going to learn? I couldn't run - I was doing some weird hopping thing. I felt useless (except for my few stellar defensive plays and the goal I scored ;) ) and my leg HURT...but I kept playing. That was a few days ago, and my leg still hurts. Still doesn't feel right. But it isn't the knife-lodged-in-my-muscle feeling anymore.

On another note, it should be no surprise to anyone who knows me that I love music. And that I go through obsessive phases with certain artists or certain genres. Sometimes those phases last for months. Or years. Or have never ever gone away. Right now, I am still fascinated with Trace Bundy and all Trace Bundy-esque music. I can listen to his Adapt CD over and over (3rd time in less than 24 hours right now..!!!). Check out his mad skills here. In fact, my favorite Pandora radio station is none other than my Trace Bundy Station.

My other musical obsession of late? I mentioned it last week, but "I See You" by Leona Lewis is still fantastical. Still listen to it multiple times a day. In fact, last night I moseyed over to the iTunes store to purchase that song because listening to it over and over in my office just isn't enough - I want to have it with me EVERYWHERE I GO. But alas! The only way to purchase the song was to purchase the entire Avatar soundtrack/score. I listened to snippets of a few of the songs and debated for all of .47339 second before clicking "Purchase Album". I am generally a pretty big fan of movie scores anyway, and this one sounded pretty good, and it was the ONLY way I could get that song...so now I am the nerdy loser-face proud owner of the Avatar soundtrack.

But I got my song :)

And I can sing it as loud as I want to in my shower.

Anytime I want. :D

Comments

Popular Posts