It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Oh my goodness! Things have been crazy busy here. On Friday evening, a large church group (220!!!) came out for a super fun winter retreat! It was the largest fall retreat that has even been out here, so that was pretty cool. It was a great weekend full of millions of paper snowflakes (made by yours truly, and can I say that I am one heck of a paper snowflake maker? I put all the little kindergarten kids to shame), lots of bonfires, Christmas fun, and ministry. On Saturday we spent most of the day working in the kitchen - it's a lot of work to cook for 250 people and then clean it all up - it takes FOREVER. I did the math, and on Saturday, Josh and I worked a 17 hour day. INSANE. But it was a really good weekend and I feel like the kids had a great time. There were so many of them that I didn't get a lot of interaction with them, so I am not sure how much closer to the Lord this retreat brought them - I hope it did!

Needless to say, I was super exhausted by Monday. I had worked 7 days straight without a day off and so Monday I took a much needed day of rest. And rest I did. I slept until late o' clock and then when I got up I finished a movie, read my Bible, and did laundry. I also went out to the blob deck and read a book looking out over the river. It was so clear and sparkly I had a hard time concentrating on the book!

This evening a new group rolled into camp, but they are definitely a much smaller group. There are about 30 kids and it is a school group who is here for their senior year winter trip. I am excited because while they are here I get to work the rappel rock! I really like rappelling. And...one week from today, I get to go home for Christmas! That will be great. I am looking forward to the break. But I have pretty much done no Christmas shopping at all...so that will be fun...

Comments

RisaPerk said…
Your picture at the top is great! Where are you standing? I miss snow.

Popular Posts