It is COLD Outside!!!

The forecasted high for today was 53. It definitely did not get that warm. At lunch it was 37 and the weather said it we had a chance of snow (so I wasn't imagining those flakes this morning...?!). But since the forecasted high for today was 53, I dressed for 53. Not for 37. I was so cold on the rappel this morning - uncontrollable shivering, painfully numb fingers and toes, and an even runnier nose. Because you see, I have a cold. I noticed it yesterday, and felt it in full force this morning. Sore throat, runny nose, sneezing, stuffy nose, upset stomach, cough, and perhaps a slight fever...? Definitely not the best conditions to be underdressed on the rappel. But it is what it is, and bedtime is in just a few hours - hallelujah!

After lunch I had to go back out to the rappel rock, so I made some adjustments to my wardrobe for the day. I put on my down jacket, a scarf, and a beanie. I also put on smartwool socks and my Salomon Gore-Tex hiking boots. Oh, and I took handwarmers and used a friend's gloves. Made ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. Still was chilly and windy, but not near as bad as this morning. And can I just say I love all those items? All those things that made me warm - they are wonderful. So SO wonderful! And I had to walk across the river this afternoon (it was only a couple inches deep where I crossed) but my awesome boots kept my feet completely dry even though they were submersed the whole time. And my handwarmers are still hot and in my pockets for whenever I want them.

Oh, and I ha(d/ve) a pocket pack of kleenex all day for my constantly drippy nose. That's been nice, as well (the tissues, not the snot).

And tonight I am going to drink some tea. And not just any tea, but some of the most fabulous tea ever. Celestial Seasonings Sugar Plum Spice tea. It rocks my world. Because it is so wonderful. And warm. And Christmas-y. And it smells good. And it tastes good.

But really, I am looking forward to sleeping :)

(also, this has been 2 posts in 2 DAYS! What is this?!?!)

Comments

Popular Posts