Today I'm Bored

Right now I am sitting at home on our couch, looking out the sliding glass doors as I wait for Matt to get home.  I don't know what time he is coming home, I just know he will be late.  Each time a car comes into view, I perk up thinking maybe it's him.  So far, no dice.

Today has been a typical "lazy" summer day.  So far I haven't really had many of those...maybe 2?  I've done a good job at keeping myself busy with workshops and conferences and doctors appointments.  But today there really was nothing on my schedule other than a 30 minute chiropractor appointment.

I did some research on the interwebs.  I downloaded almost 10 new apps on my phone, added widgets, moved icons, and basically redesigned the whole thing.  Then I played with the new apps.  Then a friend came over and we visited for about 2 hours.  I painted my nails.  I watched an episode of Saved by the Bell before I got distracted by a book sitting on our coffee table.  I read for 30ish minutes.  I played with my phone some more.

And now here I sit blogging.  I am bored out of my mind, y'all.  I am ready for Matt to come home so I can eat dinner (oh, because I am also starving) and so we can watch Netflix and play the Wii.  Not that I can't do those things without him...it's just not as fun.  And I wouldn't watch our favorite show without him.  That would just be mean!

An idea just occurred to me.  An idea so fantastical and great, I am ashamed I didn't think of it before.  I am going to play Donkey Kong on the Super Nintendo.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Super Nintendo.  The very same one my brother and I had as kids.  The exact same games.  We never got rid of them.  They all still work, and they are all still hella fun.  If you need me, come looking sometime around 1996.  I'll be there.

Comments

Popular Posts