Back to School = Weekend Stay at the Hilton

OBVIOUSLY.

I can hardly believe the first week of school has come and gone.  It really flew by!  I'm trying to do my best to stay on top of things, but that's easier said than done.  Sometimes I envy the other teachers who have a partner teacher or are on a team of teachers because they have extra heads, materials, and resources when they plan.  Me?  Well, I have some great resources (really, REALLY great resources), but I really have to plan all on my own.  It takes a lot of time!  But that makes me a better teacher, right? (Um, not better as in better than the other teachers, but better as in...improving myself.)

I feel like my classes have gone pretty well for the most part.  The seventh graders seem to like me a lot, and I think the 8th graders are still undecided (a parent of one told me that they are afraid of me).  That's alright, though.  We've got a lot more time together ;)

I'm really looking forward to moving past the beginning of the year things (Nature of Science - it's all review) and getting into the really fun things!  The 8th graders will start off with Physics an the 7th graders will start off with cells.  Hooray!  This means lots of labs.  Hopefully this means they start enjoying class more.  I know I will!

This past weekend has been absolutely wonderful.  We house-sat for my cousin the week before last, and as a thank you, they gave us a certificate to stay at the Hilton downtown for two nights.  I KNOW.  It. Was. Awesome.  A king sized bed with a down comforter and down pillows.  Our own bathroom.  And a river view!  We could stand on our balcony (on the 20th floor) and look down onto the River Walk.  Watching the sunset from that porch was fantastic, and the city lights at night are so colourful and fun!

Now we are back home and trying to prepare for the coming week.  So far I'm caught up on grades and lesson plans for next week.  I think, dare I say?, that I am even looking forward to tomorrow.

Comments

Unknown said…
YEAH! KEEP 'EM SCARED!!!!!

If there is ANYTHING I know about The Mrs. Lauren Snyder, it is that she can do THIS job!

Miss you dear friends! :-D

Popular Posts