Oops, I Did It Again

I really hope this doesn't become a habit.  You know.  Neglecting my blog.

But I have good reasons!  Kinda.  No, well...er...YES, they are actually good reasons.  I've been working like a mad woman trying to get things ready for this school year.  I feel like there is still just SO MUCH TO DO and no time to do it.  At all.  Ever.  To infinity and beyond.  There's a snake in my boot.

What?

ANYWAY.

Which is probably why I wake up at 3 AM and think, "I should do THIS in my classroom!"  Of course, ideas like...make every kid grow a hanging tomato garden in the class for their pet ladybugs or come the first day wearing old lady makeup so they're totally freaked out probably aren't my best.  Good thing I just made them up right now and they aren't really middle of the night revelations.  But really, I do wake up at 3 AM and I do think of things that would just be SO TOTALLY AWESOME for the class.  Then I spend all day trying to remember so totally awesome things because, DUH!  I fall right back asleep and forget it all.

It's amazing how one can be so excited and so freaked out at the same time.  I guess it's not my first time to feel those things all at once, but really, I might not ever get used to it.  I like to be over-prepared, and right now I feel so under-prepared.  I'm determined to get it right and do the best job possible, but it's hard not to think about ways that I could mess up and ruin it all.  But no, I will be positive!  It's a great school with great administration, awesome teachers, and good kids.  And God has provided me with a great support system and a million resources, so I am confident this is where I am supposed to be.  Remind me of those things when I start panicking and breathing into a paper bag in 4.83 seconds, k?


Comments

You should dress ridiculous on the first day. Personally, every semester starts with a tie and pocket protector.....
"I feel like there is still just SO MUCH TO DO and no time to do it. At all. Ever. To infinity and beyond. There's a snake in my boot."

I totally followed that whole paragraph. Love it. We all understand the blog gets a vacay when you got busy. I'm so happy you are going to be teaching. You'll be the most fun teacher ever!
Lauren said…
WAIT. I'm sorry, I missed the boat on you getting a job! I've been a pathetic blogger/blog reader myself these days, and so I didn't even know! I'm so sorry, and I'm SO. RIDICULOUSLY. EXCITED. for you! You're going to be awesome. If you get a chance sometime, message me on FB the grade level and school you'll be at! I can't wait to hear more about your year!

Popular Posts