First Married Post!

Well, hi! I know, I know. I said I was going to do a better job at blogging. And for a while there, I totally was. I was rockin' it! But...then I got married. Boy does that throw a wrench in your blogging plans!! You won't hear me complaining, though. I love being married! :) Of course, if I were married to anyone other than Matt, I think I wouldn't like it near as much.

I will try to be brief in my description of what has happened over the past month (yes, Matt and I have been married one month as of today!!!).

The ceremony was beautiful. All the music was Trace Bundy, our favorite. My dad stepped on my dress while giving me away, thus not allowing me to walk up to Matt. It was hilarious and probably one of my favorite memories of the day (not sure if he did it on purpose or not, though...!)!! The reception was alright. A lot less people than we were expecting (and hoping) were there. Mostly extended family. Don't get me wrong - I love my extended family! But I would have loved to see more friends there. I was, however, extremely glad to get to spend time with the friends that did make it!

Our honeymoon was fantastic! We went on a cruise with Carnival Cruise Lines to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Thanks to my little Ewok, Heather, I had some awesome sunglasses for each bathing suit that matched each destination perfectly (not planned - it must have been destiny! ;) ps - i love sunglasses.)

In Jamaica we opted out of the super packed beach excursions and went to Croydon Plantation in the beautiful mountains! We were the youngest couple there, but that didn't surprise us at all. It was beautiful! It started out sunny and then a storm rolled in over the mountains. It rained on us and MAN was that rain COLD! You don't really expect Jamaican rain to chill you to the bone, but trust me. It does. Anyway, we got to eat starfruit, coconut, some citrus fruits, 7 different kinds of pineapple, and got to try ginger beer (non-alcoholic. Very tasty but man does it have a bite!) and pineapple juice made from the skin and husk of the fruit rather than the actual fleshy part!

In Grand Cayman we met a really nice guy in a store who was there from the states on an internship. He gave us some tips about getting around the island without getting ripped off, so we promptly took a bus to 7 Mile Beach, which was nothing short of glorious. Afterwards we made it back downtown for our excursion - snorkeling along a barrier reef! It was beautiful and so fun! We swam with a stingray (I think we were the only ones out of the whole group who saw one) and that coral is HUGE! I even swam TOWARD giant fish (like the length of my arm) and not AWAY! This was by far our favorite day of the cruise.

In Cozumel we went to a resort which had an open bar, water toys, and a lunch buffet! We had rum punch, strawberry daiquiris, and pina coladas. I didn't like Cozumel as much as the other places - it seemed dirty to me. However, it was still enjoyable!

The ship was fantastic! I have never seen anything like it. It was so elegant on the inside! We ate in the Monet dining room, which was decorated with the Eiffel Tower (everywhere!!) and one of Monet's Water Lily paintings. The crew was wonderful and the waiters danced on the tables every night - it was always HILARIOUS! The food was fantastic and I don't really have many negative things to say about it at all!

We have been back at camp for a little over 20 days now, and I am still loving it! It is interesting balancing working and cooking meals and keeping house for 2 people, but not bad! I really enjoy it all, actually! I don't feel like living together has been a huge adjustment, either. The most difficult part is when I have to work really late nights - I hate not being able to spend evenings with him! But I do love my job, and we are so blessed to be here.

Matt definitely has his work cut out for him! He works 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. He works so hard and I am so proud of him! He is also getting to experience the "in sickness" part of our vows rather often. On the cruise I got sick with a few different things and the promptly caught a cold upon returning. Since then, I have taken a hard fall in the office and bruised the crap out of my leg. The following day, a steering wheel burned all the skin off my elbow! He has been so sweet, making sure that I am taken care of, bandaged, and medicated with ibuprofen and lots of kisses!

Today is my day off and I have spent the majority of the day cleaning and doing laundry. I don't really mind, but I wish I had a little more time to just relax! In about an hour I am going to start making dinner...so I think I am going to try to get some reading in :) We'll see how well I do with blogging now that I am married and the next 2 months of my life are going to be super busy (busy season for retreats!!)! :)

Comments

Thanks for getting back to your blog, we love hearing how you guys are doing! Miss you!

Popular Posts