Do I know you?

You know those people that always remind you of someone else? Your bff when you were 5, your college roommate, some celebrity...???

Apparently, I am one of those people. For YEARS I have been told "You remind me so much of my best friend! I mean, you look like her and you talk like her and...!!!!" or "I feel like I know you. Do I know you? I swear I know you! You look SO FAMILIAR!"

One time when I worked at HEB I was checking out a lady (you know, scanning her items. Get your mind out of the gutter). She goes "OMG! You so look like Jennifer Aniston!" And proceeds to pull People Magazine off the rack and hold it up to my face. "See?!" Her friend agreed. I smiled, nodded, and said "Thanks!" I don't see it at all. But she's not the only person who has said that, either.

Other things I have heard:
"You look like Maggie Gyllenhaal!"
"You look like Kirsten Dunst!"
"You look like that one girl from Blue Crush (Kate Bosworth)!"
"You look like Amanda Bynes!"
"You have the same smile as Renee Zellweger!"
And most recently (yesterday): "You know, have you ever been told you look like Maura Tierney?"

I had to look her up. I had no clue who she was. I don't see that one either.

Interesting how I always remind people of someone else. I don't get it! I mean, I'm flattered - all those women are beautiful, but they all look so different! I can't look like all of them!

I'm trying to come up with some theories, but so far the best I've got is that I have some strange chameleon-like tendencies that I am completely unaware of.

Comments

Popular Posts