Why is a raven like a writing desk?

And where does the time go? Seriously!!!

As most of you know, Matt and I are engaged! I can't even tell you how excited and how happy I am to get to spend the rest of my life with him! I very much look forward to the day when I can see him every day and when I can do ordinary, everyday things with him and enjoy it!

He proposed last Sunday (March 7) and picked out an incredibly beautiful ring!


Can you tell how excited we are? And look at that ring! (But don't look at the fingernails!)
SO happy!

Meet Matt, my FIANCE!


<3


So ever since then, life has been crazy! We are getting married in August and so we have a lot to do before then!! I saw a commercial on tv for David's Bridal last Monday, and my mom and I went there and found a dress! But then I went back to camp, started looking at the pictures of my 2 favorite dresses, and started second-guessing my choice. I got really frustrated with myself, but I have an appointment tonight to go back and try them both on to make a final decision. I hope it is super clear to me which dress I should pick!

Based on which dress I pick, I have the bridesmaids dresses picked out already, too! Matt and I just have to finalize the colors. We are pretty sure we want brown and green, we just have to figure out which shades of those colors we want.


Everything else is totally foreign to me. I don't know where I want to get married. I don't know who I want to officiate it. I don't know what time we should have it. I don't know what our reception should be like. I would really like to figure out location and time and I feel like everything else is a smaller decision that is less...important? Or maybe not less important, but less pressing.


Anyone have any advice for me??


Comments

Reba said…
Hey girl! Congrats!

Several of my friends have recommended theknot.com for wedding advice. I guess there's forums and all kinds of resources there. Check it out. :)
Hey friendo! Congratulations again! This is such an exciting time. :-) I'm here if you want any advice! I saw on your wedding site that you wanted a venue in the hill country? One of my friends is getting married at Texas Old Town in Lytle.... google it! Another gorgeous place is the Marquardt Ranch in Boerne. I looked at getting married there--it was simply too far for Dallas peeps, but beautiful. If you want to talk to some nice people and get TONS of ideas, check out www.weddingbee.com. they have boards and blogs. Have fun!
Katie said…
I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! I have been waiting for this blog update! :)

I do have advice on the time of the wedding...

Austin and I got married at 3pm and it was the best thing we could have done. You barely sleep the day before so you're running on adrenaline the whole day. We left our reception around 7:30 or so and had the rest of the evening/night to ourselves. It was great because we weren't completely exhausted yet and just got to relax. Early weddings are great.

Another thing we did that I would advise (if you can work it out) is to leave for your honeymoon two days after your wedding day. Thinking back, it would have been ridiculously hard to leave at 4 am the morning after our wedding to go on our honeymoon. We got married on Saturday and left Monday morning for Jamaica. We spent Sunday at our new apartment. Austin's parents brought all of our wedding presents over and we openened everything, which was a lot of fun.

Anyways, those are just ideas. The way you do things will be perfect for you. :)

Also, look for a facebook message coming soon with some more advice! ;)

Yay Lauren!!! I couldn't be happier for you!

-Katie
la beast said…
HOLY SMOKES! congrats lauren. i have no advice-unfortunately. im so happy for you!

Popular Posts