Next Chapter in Life

Remember how I said I was going to try to do better at updating my blog? Yeah, I suck at that. I log in frequently to read other peoples' blogs, I just never update my own. But here goes nothing...!

Life has been so crazy as of late. October 31 Matt and I drove away from our friends and our lives at Redcloud. We got to spend the evening with Jonathan, an old friend who was kind enough to let us stay at his house for the night and made us a fabulous breakfast the next morning. Sunday, November 1st we made it to my house and Matt got to meet my family and his new bff, my dog Jack. That week was absolutely wonderful and super fun! Monday we went to the zoo and spent the entire afternoon there. Tuesday my mom cleaned Matt's teeth and he got almost all good reports, so that was nice (but Matt, you still should floss!). Afterward we went to the dollar theater and saw Ice Age 3 and it was *hilarious*! That night we went with my family to New Braunfels and attended Wurstfest. I have gone many times since I was in highschool and it is just so fun! But this was the best time ever because Matt was there with me. We ate lots of good sausage and fried oreos and stuff! Wednesday we went downtown and played on the Riverwalk and went to the Alamo. It was pretty neat - I don't think I had been to the Alamo since I was in grade school!! Thursday we came out to Camp Eagle, spent some time at Y.O. Ranch, and walked along the river at the park in Kerrville. Friday we went to the beach!!! It was fabulous - we pretty much had the beach to ourselves and the weather was ideal. Saturday we got to play with Heather most of the day and we went bowling (I still suck...that hasn't changed!) and ate ice cream...so fun! Sunday we spent the whole day packing my things, and he drove back to PA on Monday, and I came back out to Eagle to begin my new full time position.

It was weird moving 2 times in 2 weeks. It was also weird moving out to a place that I have loved and worked at before, but this time knowing that I am going to be here for much longer than I ever have been. And it's so weird to be back in Texas. And the weirdest thing is not getting to see Matt on a regular basis. There have been so many big changes in my life in the past few months...sometimes it's hard to keep up!!

It is definitely hard being apart from Matt, but God is faithful all the time! He has taught me so much through this relationship and continues to teach me so much more!! Matt really is such a blessing and I really do miss him so much!

My new job is going well - I really enjoy being a part of the Camp Eagle community and getting to participate in ministry here.

So I think this is going to be "it" for my millionth attempt at keeping up this blog. Maybe this time I won't fail miserably...?? ;)

Comments

Reba said…
Um, who is Matt? Hello, update girl! I'm glad you're at Eagle now... more reasons to visit!!! :)

Popular Posts