2 POSTS IN ONE MONTH!

I feel like we should celebrate because that NEVER HAPPENS. But like I said, I really am going to try to do a better job at keeping this thing up to date. Key word being try.

Tomorrow it will be 3 weeks exactly since Matt left Texas and drove to PA and I moved out to Camp Eagle and started my job out there. 3 weeks. It seems like it has been so much longer than that. But on a positive note, our time apart is almost halfway over! Woo hoo!!!

Thanksgiving this year was different from any other year for 2 reasons: 1) Greg wasn't there. He went to his girlfriend's for Thanksgiving, leaving me to fend for myself. 2) Matt wasn't there. He has never been there before, but in years past, I didn't know him. I definitely missed him but I got to talk about him a lot because everyone asked about him!

Friday after Thanksgiving, as always, we put up the tree and the decorations. Usually my dad and I assemble the tree, dad puts on the lights, and then I am left alone to do all the ornaments myself. It didn't used to be that way - everyone used to pitch in and do ornaments, but over the years it dwindled to just my brother and I, and for the past I don't even know how many years, it has just been me. Now, we have about 6324.92 ornaments and putting them all on the tree takes HOURS. This year I helped my mom assemble the tree (dad had to work), I put on the lights (Heather helped!), and I am doing the ornaments. I say I am doing because even though I started putting them on the tree on Friday, I am still not done!!! I am planning on finishing that today before I head back to Eagle. I also got to play with Heather quite a bit on Friday, and that was great. I miss that girl! She doesn't normally come to SA for Thanksgiving, so it was a real treat to get to spend a couple hours with her.

So in the comments section of my last post, Reba asked about Matt. Now, I think Reba and Matt may be the only 2 people who read my blog, but Reba, for your sake, I will tell you about Matt :) (and if anyone else happens to read it, the more the merrier!) So. Matt. Well, we met on February 9th, the day I moved up to Redcloud. Over the next 7 months we just became really good friends, hanging out all the time and getting to know each other really well. Also, I gave him the swine flu over 4th of July weekend so just the 2 of us were in the infirmiry. You have to know someone is a good friend if you give them the SWINE FLU and they don't get upset at you for it! At the end of August, Matt asked me if I wanted to climb Uncompahgre, knowing that it was the one 14-er that I had REALLY wanted to climb (just because it is so cool!), so we climbed it one Sunday. It was a really fun hike, gorgeous weather the whole time and then when we got to the top, we had an Oreo party and it snowed! Later that week, he asked me if he could pursue me, and to make a long story short, after much prayer and seeking wise counsel and digging into the Word, I told him yes on September 9th. So, in a nutshell, that's how it all started. Naturally, the story is much longer and has many more details, but for the sake of time and space I gave you the essentials ;)

I head back to Eagle today and I must say I am kinda glad to get back. I love being at home but I can't help but feel that when I am at Eagle and working time seems to go by a little bit faster, and I want time to go by FAST! Christmas is 26ish days away (how the heck did that happen?!) and then....New Years! I am flying to PA for New Years and I am ridiculoulsy excited about it! Mostly I am just excited about getting to see Matt, but I will get to meet his family (exciting and terrifying at the same time) and it will be my first time to ever cross the Mason-Dixon Line!! Crazy!

Comments

Reba said…
Ha! You crack me up. Thanks for the story! I'm excited for you and hope you grow closer to God as a result of this new relationship.

I might be down at Eagle for New Year's, we'll see. Too bad you won't be there!!!! :(
RisaPerk said…
i read your blog, and it makes me sad that you think I might not... love ya!
I read your blog too!!

Oh and I love happy that you will be able to see Matt and meet his family over New Year's!!! ...and deep down inside I am also happy that you get to cross the Mason-Dixon line :)
la beast said…
im so glad you are back to blogging more frequently!

Popular Posts