WAHOO!!!!

i am so excited - i have finally figured out how to beautify my blog! is this revolutionary or what?

this evening my mom and i went to JAZZsaLIVE...and got to see Dave Brubeck (but now he is 88...and still incredible!!!)! it was pretty neat (and free!). unfortunately, the park that hosted the festival was small and there were a LOT of people there! there was a lot of smoking going on, and people talked so loud it was hard to hear the music at times. however, mom and i munched on some muy delicioso fried pickles (one of our favorite snacks) and shared a margarita which was more like a cup of sugary syrup, ice, and no alcohol. scariest moment of the evening - when mom was off to get our fried pickles, a woman suddenly appeared next to me...and she had a beard. omg i almost peed.

many people got their aggie rings yesterday - hooray for them! my dear friend heather was one of those people, and i am so excited for her! i am sad that i could not be there on her special day, but i am currently unemployed (rather, i have a full-time job...i just don't get paid for it) and just don't have the money to travel (or really do anything).

i am 1/3 of the way done with my student teaching! WHOOP!!! my university supervisor came by to observe me on thursday, said i was doing a great job, then told me she would be back on october 1 for my MIDTERM EVALUATION! what the heck?! so soon?! but really, i am so ready. so ready. i love the students - they are the best...but i just don't think being in a classroom all the time is for me. just doesn't work. and i am just not passionate about it. still. but you know, God knows what He is doing, and i just have to remember this! i do have a funny story from thursday, though. jean (my cooperating teacher...also the volleyball coach) left at the beginning of 8th period for her vb game, so i pretty much had the class to myself (kristin, the inclusion teacher, was in there too). i really had to sneeze, but i couldn't, so i was talking all funny with my face scrunched up, and then proceeded to tell the class that i had a sneeze stuck in my face....it didn't occur to me how...unintelligent it sounded until after i said it. but the kids thought it was hilarious!

i am also quite proud of myself - i am less than 100 pages from finishing The Silmarillion! seriously, this book is so hard to read! i tried to read it while i was in highschool and i think i gave up after about 20 pages (if even that). this time around, i am reading much slower and using the handy-dandy index of names in the back! it is actually a really awesome book, just so hard to follow! once i finish this, it's on to C.S. Lewis' Out of the Silent Planet! so excited!

on another note, i still have no idea what God has planned for my future - where i will work, where i will live, etc. i'm not that bummed about it right now, though. God is good, i MUST remember this!

last, but most certainly not least - the first day of fall is monday! and it will be october in exactly 10 days! october is my favorite month, and i think halloween is tied with Christmas for my favorite holiday! YAY OCTOBER!!! :) :)

Comments

Popular Posts