reminding myself

i reminded myself today that i enjoy drawing! sure, i doodle all the time in class (it helps me pay attention..!!!) today i got a text from heather that said "i want to have a harry potter nite. and watch them all." of course i love this suggestion, but there is no way we can watch them all! however, me being the procrastinator that i am, i decide that making a sign for our front door (announcing the harry potter party, of course) is much more important than reading the 2 chapters of botany i have!!!! i set off to find a good logo that i can study and draw, sketch the title, and then draw a snitch and color it all in.

it was in doing this that i remembered - hey, i like to draw! i used to be good at this once! my brother loves art, too, but he is more imaginitive in his art, and i am more...i don't know. i can draw things i see, but i don't usually think up very many fascinating things to draw on my own. i think it's because i pay so much attention to detail that i am able to replicate things. and this is what i drew this afternoon:

and here is what heather saw when she walked in the door from work:



someday i would like to be able to draw most things well, instead of things other people have drawn first.

and on a completely unrelated but most certainly necessary note:

i saw a fireman playing the bagpipes at the firestation today.

not a show.

he was just walking around playing the bagpipes at the station.

NOT EVEN KIDDING.

it was awesome :)

Comments

Katie said…
I guess this is a post reminding everyone that they have secret talents, whether it's drawing or bagpipes!!! Hahahaha! I would have loved to see that!

I love art, too. It was my favorite subject until I was 16 or so (and couldn't take it anymore at my school) and I always got really good grades. I'm not sure I could draw something like your sign, however. I feel like I've lost my touch and my talent. It's quite sad! It's funny - I feel like there's a lot of math/science people who also love art.

Your sign is AWESOME! I wish I could write like that! And your shading made my jaw drop! Those letters are popping out of the page!
Reba said…
Thanks for reading my blog! I read yours as well. =)

I'm doing excellent - summer is going well and I'm enjoying the break from school. God's teaching me a lot as well, which is awesome and I'm definitely loving my life right now.

So are you in summer school? When do you graduate?

I'm actually coming down to Austin for July 4th to hang with Stacie, so if you're around, let me know and I can see your face!

Reba

Popular Posts