the night my toilet went crazy


so tonight was definitely an adventure. all day today my toilet has been sounding a little bit runny, but when i came back from hope group at 9, it sounded like niagra falls had been relocated to my bathroom. heather attempted to stop it (she is quite skilled with toilets), but for some reason, tonight it was even more rebellious than usual and began spewing water an entire foot into the air. that's right, an entire foot! it was INSANE! so it being us, we started laughing hysterically and began to frantically call our landlady and the maintenance man. supposedly we are supposed to page him for a maintenance emergency, but we have not heard a thing from him or the landlady. what use are they if they don't answer during a maintenance emergency (specifically an exploding toilet)?!?! finally i called my good buddy adam and he instructed me to do some things which made it stop freaking out - i owe him my sanity!! it's not completely fixed, but it's good to know i will most likely not be waking up to an exploding toilet in the morning (or the middle of the night, for that matter...)

on another note, heather bought some lip stuff for cold sores, and put it all over her lips believing it was to be used as a preventative chapstick. unfortunately, it was supposed to be applied only to a cold sore...it most definitely had numbing agent in it! so she told me, and of course i take it from her and put it all over my lips for a good laugh. needless to say, we had a really good laugh at our numb lips for quite a while! :)

Comments

Popular Posts