Lessons Learned in PA

We are back!  Hooray!  Matt and I returned from our Christmas trip to Pennsylvania yesterday and I must say, I have had enough of planes and airports to last me for a while!! :)

This was definitely a different Christmas for me for many reasons.  It was my first Christmas away from my family, and that was really hard for me.  Christmas in my family drips with tradition and togetherness, and Matt's family does Christmas very differently.

I learned quite a few things during our stay in PA, too. 

Like I'm a really selfish person.  And Matt is a much better person than I am. 

And living in Colorado that one year made me not mind cold as much.

I learned that Amish people make tasty things, use electricity, and shop at Lowe's (Matt pretty much had to physically restrain me so that I would not follow an Amish man with an epic beard and fantastic hat around the store).

I learned that people up north will think you are crazy if you bring them Mexican candies as part of their gift...which leads to the fact that I learned that Mexican culture has been much more influential on me than I ever imagined.  I can't tell you how many times I've tried to play Spanish words on "Words with Friends" and can't understand why it won't accept them.

Oh.  And I learned that I absolutely love the Hunger Games.  I loaded lots of books onto my new kindle (!!) before the trip, and made the mistake of reading the Hunger Games first.  I haven't even attempted reading another book, because all I can think about is getting my hands on the second book in the series.  The good news is that I teach middle school kids, and it shouldn't be that hard to convince one of them to let me borrow it.


Comments

Heather Grace said…
I'm on the last Hunger Games book right now - so so so good! And I do that with French and Latin words when I play WWF.

Popular Posts