An Update

Spacing between posts continues to grow, I am afraid.  I am currently sitting at the "business center" (aka - non-air conditioned room with 2 computers with dumb mouses...mice(?) that don't work well) at my apartments and am only roughly halfway through trying to play catch-up.  This week is Thanksgiving break, and so I actually have a few moments to sit and think.

Teaching is still going well, although I often feel as if it is a bipolar roller coaster ride.  Have I mentioned that before?  I can't remember.  But really, things can be going well and you can feel confident and like you are doing a great job one minute, and then a minute later you can feel like nothing is going right and you might just be the dumbest teacher on the face of ever.  I must say, it is great practice at strengthening my weaknesses.  Does that make sense?  I mean, it does in my head, but...basically what I am trying to say is that the things I am not so great at (i.e. hiding my emotions, controlling my tongue), I am now being forced to be good at.  And I actually really appreciate that.  Those are good skills to have.  Maybe on the same level as nunchuck skills and bow hunting skills.

We are still really enjoying our apartment.  We don't have to run our air very much this time of year, especially since we are mostly surrounded by other units and we are well-insulated (we planned it that way!).  We haven't had to cook much this week (actually at all) because my grandma is in town for the holiday and we still have plenty of leftovers from last week.  Cooking for 2 is a lot different than cooking for 4.  Or rather, eating that same amount of food is different.  Lasts a lot longer.

We are enjoying finding great deals as we shop for things.  We live right by a Sprouts and an HEB, and we get both of their ads in the mail at the same time.  We have had a lot of pineapple this week because they are 99 cents EACH at Sprouts.  Though small, they are super tasty.

This past week I discovered that I may be allergic to Braeburn apples after eating one made my tongue burn and swell.  I also have made the connection between dairy in the mornings and my morning upset stomach.  Cutting out the milk from my cereal in the morning has continuously cut out the upset stomach.

In other news, I am newly addicted to Jessica Simpson heels.  They. are. GORGEOUS.  I would love to be able to afford all of them (and have outfits to wear all of them with), but for now I will just have to be content with looking at them online.  And trying them on in stores.  Both of which I have done.

So that about fills you in on goings on in my life.  Today I am heading to Fredericksburg with mom and g-ma, so that should be fun.  I'm sure I'll have more to say at the end of the week - I will just have to make the time to find a computer with internet and write.

Comments

Popular Posts