Wisdom Teeth, ADD, and Projects on a Whim

Greetings!  I am pleased to report that this weekend has been a success on many levels.  Grading went much more quickly, as did preparing for this coming week.  Matt and I were able to do a lot of things that needed to be done for a long time but had been buried under all the other to-dos.  And I even got to read for fun!  Winning.

I have so many things drifting through my mind, just waiting to be written and processed.  However, I know if I write about everything that is on my mind, this post will become a complete and total example of word vomit and will be absolutely unreadable.  Last time I left off by mentioning a few things I might want to write about, so I'm going to use that as a rough outline for this post.  Ish.

Matt had his wisdom teeth out last Friday, and aside from slurred words and blank stares for a few hours, he really didn't do anything outrageous or ridiculously funny.  He didn't even get the obligatory chipmunk cheeks!  I was a little disappointed about that - I wanted pictures.  But you know, that means he healed well and stuff, so I guess that's good...and stuff.

One thing that Matt and I are doing this fall is taking the Financial Peace University class at our church.  We are very blessed to not have any debt, but we want to be as wise with our money as possible.  The classes are really difficult for me to sit through, as I am unable to focus for that long (the class is 2 hours long, and it is right after we have been sitting in church for 1.25 hrs).  In college, I solved that problem by doodling.  Somehow, it really helps me to focus better.  So I bring scrap paper to class and doodle, and voila!  I am paying attention like a normal adult.  Who doodles haunted houses and furry monsters.

What?

Oh, and I tried my second ever "project" off of Pinterest.  The first idea I ever copied off of Pinterest was to glue buttons to bobby pins.  It worked fantastically, and I love my button bobby pins.  But today, I tried something a little bit more iffy.  As in, you know gluing buttons to bobby pins will work but you don't know if what you are about to do will actually work...or if its some hoax so internet bullies will point and laugh at your epic craftiness fail.

Someone had pinned a site that mentioned VOCs (volatile organic compounds) are a component of household fragrance products (like plug-ins) and they are dangerous to your health.  So they came up with a more natural alternative - to use essential oils in the empty plug-in containers!  Matt and I marched into the aisle at HEB containing such things and selected two essential oils that we really liked - jasmine and clove.  I followed the instructions on the website and I really think it worked!  Our room smells like jasmine, and I feel better knowing that it really is just essential oil and water in there.  Nothing added.  Now, I really have no clue if the VOC thing is made up or not, but either way, I like the more "green", natural way best.

In fact, I still have about 45 more minutes before I want to fall asleep, so I am going to into my jasmine-y room and read.  Sounds relaxing, yes?

Comments

Popular Posts