In All Honesty

I'm big on honesty.  I'm big on being direct and upfront and getting it all out there.  Most of the time.  Except for with myself.

I've told myself over and over again that I will NOT neglect my blog and I WILL write because it's good for me and I enjoy it.  But I haven't been honest with myself, because I clearly HAVE been neglecting my blog and I have NOT written.

It's not that I don't want to.  It's more like...I can't.  I literally always have so much to do that writing on a regular basis is a laughable idea.  Doing anything other than schoolwork all the time is a stretch.

The transition from non-working to working again has been interesting.  At first when we lost our jobs, it was like the vacation that we really needed but never got at our previous workplace.  It kinda helped that it was around Christmastime and you always get a vacation then, anyway.

As time went on, I began to seek healing and restoration - those wounds were deep and did not heal quickly.  I was able to spend so much time in the Word and in prayer.  I was able to read books that assisted me in identifying some issues and eventually resolving them.  And my schedule was free enough for me to seek counseling.

Then I began to form a routine.  It was like being a stay at home wife, and I liked it (for the most part).  I knew how to keep myself busy and productive.  Most of my time was spent looking for a job, and the rest of my time was spent doing housewifey-type things like menu planning, grocery shopping, laundry, and cleaning.  I was able to keep my blog updated often and I read a million books (PS - I'm a huge bookworm).  I wrote handwritten letters to my friends and was consistent about it!

Now that I have a job, those things just aren't possible anymore.  At least not all of them.  I am glad to be working again, and I am glad to feel as if I have purpose again.  It's nice to be productive and to be contributing to something.  Sometimes I miss being able to do all those other things, and I miss the slower pace of that lifestyle.  But, like I said before, I'm glad to be working again.

Teaching is a funny job.  I'm discovering things about my students and I'm discovering new things about myself.  It's a constant refining process for all of us, I think.

There are some other things that I could be honest about right now, but I feel like it's time to bring this post to a close.  Perhaps next time I'll tell you about Matt's wisdom teeth surgery, our new dog, Financial Peace University, and why this Fall is just so different.  Until then, may your pillows be soft, your blankets be snuggly, and your faces full of smiles.

Comments

Kari said…
Hi Lauren! Don't beat yourself up about not posting. We all go through seasons of life and this is one of your busy seasons - we understand! You gotta pick your priorities and let some things go every now and then. (Don't give up posting all together, just cut yourself some slack when the posts are farther apart!)

Popular Posts