Our First Vacation

This past weekend Matt and I went on our first non-honeymoon vacation.  Wahoo!  As much as we would love to go on another cruise (please, Carnival, give us a free cruise??), we just can't afford one.  Not now anyway.  And we want to go, like, yesterday now.  So we had to make do with what we've got, which isn't much.  (We are firm believers in not spending money you don't have.  Shocking.  I know.)

Some friends of ours got married on Saturday, so that was our opportunity to get out of town and do something fun!  Friday afternoon we packed up the car and headed to Houston to stay with my aunt and uncle.  We were looking forward to this weekend for the whole getting away aspect, but we were also eagerly anticipating the antics of my relatives (they're legendary).

I'm sure everyone has a crazy aunt and uncle in their family, but in my family?  They're all nuts.  Mostly because crazy runs in our family.  It's part of what makes us so awesome.  I am not immune.

We were not disappointed in the least - not by them, not by the getting away...it was all good.  The wedding was lovely, the bride was beautiful, the reception was fun.  We even got to go to the beach on Saturday!  I've become quite the Sunscreen Nazi, so we were applying fresh sunscreen every 90 minutes or so.  That is, until we discovered the hermit crabs.  Then we totally forgot and, alas, our backs are fried.  But the hermit crabs!  They were just so fun!

The whole vacation weekend cost us only what we spent on gas, and I will deem it a success!  So now we are back to our normal lives and our normal routines.  I'm hopeful those things will improve soon, but no luck yet.

Comments

Unknown said…
Vaca was good for us, we had to cut it short though! I'm glad yall had a good time, and that you founded some hermit crabs! :)

Popular Posts