I Don't Want To Be A Celebrity, But...

You know, the life of a celebrity does not appeal to me in the least.  If I think things aren't private living in a house with three other adults, I would never be able to handle the paparazzi and the press all up in my bidness.  Also, I feel like they've got to be unhappy.  No time to relax.  No normalcy.  Divorces and scandals galore...

But, there is one thing I wouldn't mind.  Okay, maybe two.  Or three.

Like...

Having a hairstylist who is really, REALLY good.  I've always had trouble with my hair.  It's fine. (Fine as in thin and slippery, not fine as in good.  Duh.)  And flat.  And rebellious.  When I get my hair cut, I always walk away with what is most likely a variation of what I had before.  And no matter how I try, when I style it myself, it just looks dumb.  Having a hairstylist who knows and understands my hair is definitely appealing.

I did not have a hairstylist who knows and understands my hair today.  In fact, she really didn't listen much when I told her what I wanted, what I like, and what I don't like.  I was really hoping today was going to be an awesome, magical experience in which I would be transformed into the girl with hair to envy.  Today was a very average experience in which I walked out of the salon with a haircut that hardly looks any different than the last 100 I've had.

Don't get me wrong...I like my haircut.  It's just not as happy as it could be because it wants to be known and understood.

Here's me and my new hair. See? It's not bad, but it's not awesome and inspiring and worthy of envious stares. Also? I hate pictures like this. I feel like it wouldn't be out of place on a myspace or dating site. Don't expect too many more of these from me.


Oh, and if you're wondering what the other two things are...

Having a personal trainer would be cool.  I could definitely use someone who can whip my body into shape.  And having a lot of money would be cool, because then I would be able to actually donate money to worthy causes instead of just wanting to.  Oh yeah.  One more thing.  People would really listen to what I have to say.  It's not like no one listens to me at all...I just don't have the influence that celebrities do (and boy would I love to).  It would be amazing to say "care for poor people!!!" and "do something about human trafficking and slave labor!!!" and "buy me an ice cream!!!" and have TONS of people actually do it.  Also, I didn't meant that last one.  I just really want ice cream right now.

Maybe I should look into becoming a celebrity after all.

Kidding! (kind of)

Comments

I hate having my hair cut for the same reasons. Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it. Hate it so much sometimes I put it off for way too many months (maybe even a whole year once!) No matter what I say or try, it always looks the same!

If I were a celebrity, I would enjoy having someone else clean and cook for me. Oh yeah, and giving away money to charities would be nice too I guess ;)
Jenny Tesler said…
Too funny! I understand the hair dilemma, and yes I do like your new cut. Hopefully you will become a celeb soon, so you can save the world. Or your Publicist can save the world with your name.
Kari said…
I have the same problem with my hair (it's fine and slippery - never stays in a pony tail) and my haircuts never look different, just shorter. I'm too scared to do something drastic. But I like your hair in that picture, I think it's really cute!

Popular Posts