It's like this: NCIS

As it turns out, some days are harder than others to think of something to say. However, I have so much spare time on my hands these days that I almost feel like I should blog. And that probably makes no sense.

However difficult it may have been to think of something to talk about, I eventually came up with something. It's like this: NCIS.

Ever since Matt and I started dating, we have loved sitting down and watching NCIS together. Since we lived somewhere with no television, we of course borrowed the show from some friends of ours, as they had all the seasons currently on DVD. We (I) were (was) devastated when Kate died (sad, I know; sorry if I ruined that for you NCIS probies) and it took forever for Ziva to grow on us (me).

Then I started finding the seasons on ebay for super cheap, and so began our quest to own and watch all NCIS episodes. Matt got some for Christmas last year. Then more ebay. We made it all the way up through season six, but then decided to wait on buying anymore because hey! Christmas was right around the corner!

So yesterday a beautiful brown envelope arrived in the mail containing our Christmas present from Matt's mom. I'm sure by now you have a pretty good guess as to what was in that envelope. If you guessed the next season of NCIS, you are correct! If you guessed anything else...really?

Anyway.

Last night we watched the entire first disc. Greg even joined in! We went to bed at 1 AM. Today we have watched 2 episodes off disc 2. At this rate, we're going to finish the entire season by Christmas.

I think it's safe to say that this Christmas present was a success.

Comments

Heather said…
Love NCIS. I totally agree about Kate, I was teary. That was actually on some countdown for TV's most shocking moments or something like that. I think it was near the top of the list.
Have you seen NCIS:LA yet? There is some crossover with NCIS characters, but I really like the stories they are doing.
Lauren said…
It was on a countdown?! Well then I feel very justified in my reaction! ;) You know, when I started watching NCIS, I had no clue it was a popular show. I didn't even know it was a current show. Guess that's what I get for living in the middle of nowhere for so long...! I haven't seen NCIS LA. Will I get hooked?
Heather said…
It's been around for awhile. I think it was a spin off of another show I used to watch and that's how I started watching NCIS. I would say, with NCIS LA, that you might get hooked. I really like the characters on that show and it's just different enough from NCIS to make it good.

Popular Posts