I Hope Every Night Won't Be Like That - Losing Our Jobs Part 2

Last night I remembered what insomnia is like. I also remembered that I hate it.

Tears streamed down my face all night long. I thought at some point they would run out and leave me be, but that was an empty hope.

I didn't want to be awake, but I didn't want to be asleep either. No matter...sleep evaded me most of the night.

I felt as if the darkness was so heavy. It just pressed down on me, crushing me until tears trickled out of my eyes, down my cheeks, into my hair, and onto my pillow. The silence was so loud. So much more obscene than someone shouting a string of profanities in my face.

I really hope every night won't be like that.

Comments

Reba said…
I am praying earnestly for you. That verse out of Habakkuk is my favorite. It really shows your trust in God.

If there's anything I've learned in the past 3 weeks, it's that HE PROVIDES. I cannot stress how TRUE and AWESOME that is. He will provide. He will provide.
Unknown said…
Dear Lauren (and Matt)!
Now tears are in my eyes as well. You are such a blessing as I read about your trust in the Lord in all circumstances...and this is a BIG one. It's great to know that God has a bigger plan for you than Camp Eagle, though it was a super experience. He surely used you both mightily while working there. It is truly hard to comprehend the way that you were told about the ending of your job. I'm crushed with you and praying for you.
We'll see in God's timing what the next awesome job will be that He, our AWESOME Lord, has waiting for you.
Love you much,
Aunt Brenda
Anonymous said…
I am floored. Believe me, I am praying for you. But in my gut I can't help but think that certainly a time will be provided for you to talk it over with him. You all have meant too much to Camp Eagle, certainly, to be let go like this.
We're praying for you. We love you guys.
We're completely floored.

Popular Posts