Bookworm




You probably don't know this, but I love to read. I love love love LOVE to read. I always have. I don't remember a time in my life where I have not had a book that I read before I go to bed. I was the kid who loved the Book It! program at Pizza Hut and thought it was incredible that I got free pizza for reading books I already wanted to read!

I was the kid who would read ahead in my reading class even though the teacher told me not to.

(But isn't it funny that instead of wanting to teach reading I chose math and science?! I guess it doesn't matter much since I'm not a teacher in a "real" classroom anyway!)

Most people probably don't peg me as an avid reader, but believe me, I am! You can ask Matt!

I remember when my mom bought me the Chronicles of Narnia series. I was in 4th grade and it was through a Scholastic book order. I thought she had bought them for herself and didn't want to read them - I had no clue what they were about (and therefore no clue what I was about to get myself into when I first cracked the cover of "The Magician's Nephew"). Since then, I have read the entire series over 40 times.

I read The Boxcar Children. And the Sierra Jensen series. And the Christy Miller series. And the China Tate series. And A Wrinkle in Time. And Goosebumps (even though I wasn't supposed to). I read almost everything I could get my hands on.

I'm not much different these days. I still really like (and stick to) certain genres (my favorite authors include Jane Austen, C.S. Lewis, Tolkien, J.K. Rowling, Ted Dekker, and Madeleine L'Engle), but every once in a while I branch out.

I just finished a book by Jonathan Safran Foer called "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close". Not something I would have picked myself, but it was good. I will hopefully write somewhat of a review on it later.

As of yesterday I have started the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. And so far, it's pretty darn good.

I think it would be cool to start writing about the books I read, although I don't know if anyone would even be interested. I think I will do it anyway! :)

Comments

RisaPerk said…
I would be interested! I'm really bad at deciding what to read and really only read ones that have be recommended to me. So you should tell me what to read and I will read that instead of studying for finals or reading law related things.
I don't know if you'd be interested in this, but I write about books on my blog because I joined a "blogging for books" program-- a Christian publisher sends me books for FREE and I read them and write about them. There's a link on my blog if you want to look into it. I'm sure there's more than one publisher that does this too.

Popular Posts