recent-ness

i figure i owe those of you who read this an update on my dog. he is doing well - still taking pain meds/anti-inflammatory pills. he is really smart about pills - he can find them when you hide them in food, so you have to be extra sneaky about it. i decided to get some hamburger meat, roll it into balls, and boil them so that they were little pill hiding meatballs. it's been about a week and it still works like a charm. am i a genius or what?!! ;) he seems to feel great, but that just makes it harder for me to keep him from running and jumping and playing. i am going to talk to the vet on monday and see what he says.

yesterday marked the halfway point of my student teaching semester! from here it is all down hill! i am really excited about this! i LOVE the teachers i work with - they are so fun and they think i am funny (i LOVE making people laugh!!!), and they are just great to hang around. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the kids, too! i think that is my favorite part about student teaching. students i like. teaching not so much. but that's ok. it does make it especially difficult for me since i am not 100% passionate about this. i have a routine every morning where i pray that the Lord would just use me to reach my students - to show them His love and grace and mercy and basically to be like Jesus. i also pray that He will remind me of what Ps. 118:24 says - "This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." i think this is my theme verse for the semester. God has given me each day of this semester. i need to take it and run with it! love like the Lord! act like the Lord! each day is a blessing, and if the Lord has made it, how could it be anything but good and blessed? i need to remember this otherwise i will walk into school with a bad attitude. the other thing i must do in the mornings is listen to KLOVE on my way to school. it helps me get my focus where it should be - on praising the Lord. then for the rest of the day i have a praise song stuck in my head and i can't stop singing or humming it...and therefore it's message is stuck in my mind as well. quite effectice.

another new development...i joined the choir at church! i have been going to rehearsals for about a month now and 2 weeks ago i decided to make it official! i absolutely love choir. i love music. i love singing. hands down, if i could do it all day, i would. tonight marked the first night that i sang in a service with the choir. before i was a little apprehensive because i didn't quite know the songs yet. i was also afraid that a certain person would see me and notify another certain person that i am singing in the choir and therefore must be back for good and then that person would try to contact me. i feel like i have made a huge progress in not letting those 2 people run my life anymore. although, i can't really take the credit for it - it's all God. He is gently showing me how ridiculous and foolish i can be.

i graduate in 2 months, my future is still up in the air, i will lose health insurance in 3 months, and sometimes i just feel like i am going to get left behind. i miss interactions with people my age, but at the same time i am almost glad that i don't have friends in sa because if i did i would never get to hang out with them (read: student teaching = time consuming).

through it all i must remember God is good God is good God is good God is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He loves me. He wants the best for me. He has plans for me. He is giddy about the plans He has for me and waiting for me to stumble upon them is probably like Christmas morning for Him. He is merciful and forgiving and gracious. He will provide. He will sustain. He is enough. He is the only sure thing.

Comments

Popular Posts