A Disjointed Post

When school starts, it seems as if all hobbies and many other responsibilities blur out of the picture.  This, my friends, is why I have not been blogging.  And I'll be honest - as much as I would love to keep up this blog and do a much better job at writing on a regular basis, I have to face the music and admit that it probably won't happen.  I think I am at a place (for the most part) where I am okay with this, too.

Over the summer, my self-confidence in my abilities as a teacher grew by leaps and bounds.  I have done this before!  It will be so much easier!  I know what is going on!

Ha.

I think I got a little over confident.  Yes, I knew I would still have a lot to learn and a lot to work on, but I thought I would be spending a little less time on things like lesson planning.  I was wrong!  At least, the past 3 weeks of school have proven me wrong.  So far.  Maybe it will get easier when I get into the groove of things again?  Or MAYBE it will get easier next quarter when EVERYTHING is familiar.  Because this quarter I am teaching a study skills class, and I am writing the curriculum as I go.  Fun, yes?!

But really?  I do love teaching.  And it is fun to be teaching my 7th graders again this year as 8th graders.

In other news, Matt and I celebrated our anniversary last month!  He really gave me the royal treatment - we went to the Melting Pot and he spared no expense!  It was truly fantastic.  He got me roses, too.  I am so thankful to God for bringing us together.  Matt is my best friend, and he is the most patient and understanding person I have ever known.

There is a lot more on my mind, but I really don't have the time to write it out.  I've still got lesson planning to do for next week, as well as grading some physics tests.  Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts