the stand

well, i promise i am attempting to keep this thing updated on a semi-regular basis. i feel as if no one really reads it though, so i am wondering if it is a waste of time...?

yesterday i went to the doctor and he said my bone is healed so i no longer have to wear the cast/brace thing! I AM SO EXCITED! it is wonderful to be able to write with my right hand again! i still have to favor my right hand - use it sparingly and such, but it is so nice to not have a clunky brace on anymore! it is still pretty sore because of the way my hand was set in the cast and then later in the brace so movement still hurts (but that is because of the muscles and tendons and all those fun things). However, I will take the soreness over the brace anyday!

it is hard for me to believe that summer is coming so quickly! i am really excited about working wilderness this summer. i get to work with risa and adam, 2 of my friends from OE, and that is excellent! also, my friend kristin will be discipling all the wilderness girls and that makes me pretty excited, too! i am excited about all the new staff that will be coming. i am excited about all the differences summer will bring in programs and such. i am also really excited about the change in the weather and seeing green grass and seeing the aspens bloom!

God is doing a lot of things in my life right now - just revealing to me how prideful and selfish i really am. and how much i need others even though i don't want to admit it. it's going to be good, though :)

on another note i saw 2 moose on saturday - a mom and her calf! risa, tim, texaco, and i were on our way to gunnison when we saw the moose! tim screamed like a little girl because he was so excited (you see, he was promised by our boss that there were moose here but he had yet to see any until this past saturday) and we turned the car around so we could watch them. well the mom wasn't too excited about us watching so she jumped a fence, and when her baby followed he got stuck. then we all started freaking out and feeling terrible like it was our fault, and we all started praying for the baby moose! God heard and answered our prayer and after a few minutes of struggling, the baby moose made it free! it was so cute because he just pranced off and you could tell he was so happy about it!

tonight was my night off and i went for a run for the first time in months (it's been too snowy to run here) and it was great! i went farther than i thought i would be able to (about 1.25-1.5 miles, i am not exactly sure), but found that i am not 100% acclimated to the altitude. i guess i am acclimated enough to hike and play games with childrens, but running uses more oxygen than those things. i just got a headache and was able to finish the run, and then i assigned myself the task of drinking an entire nalgene of water before going to bed. i am a little more than half done with that ;)

i would like to leave you with the words to my new favorite worship song, the stand:
You stood before creation
Eternity within Your hand
You spoke the earth into motion
My soul now to stand

You stood before my failure
Carried the Cross for my shame
My sin weighed upon Your shoulders
My soul now to stand

So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You

So I'll walk upon salvation
Your Spirit alive in me
This life to declare Your promise
My soul now to stand

So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You

So I’ll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all

So I’ll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours

Comments

RisaPerk said…
Such a good song. We should make Sarah play it more often!
Reba said…
I read it! And I LOVE that song... !

Popular Posts